Headlamp for use in ATEX explosive environments, suitable for proximity lighting and movement. 80 lumens
The PIXA 2 is a rugged headlamp offering lighting that allows the user to work comfortably on tasks close at hand or to move around safely. CONSTANT LIGHTING technology: brightness does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained. It meets ATEX zone 2/22 (II 3 GD Ex nA ic IIB T4 Gc tc IIIC T135°C Dc) certification requirements for work in explosive environments.
- Headlamp keeps hands free for work and can be:
– worn on the head with the headband
– attached to the helmet with a mounting plate (included)
– placed on the ground
- CONSTANT LIGHTING technology ensures brightness that does not gradually decrease as the battery drains
- Several lighting modes adapt to each situation:
– low-intensity mode adapted to close-range work: mixed beam with a wide, uniform flood
– high-intensity mode adapted to movement: mixed beam with focused component allows user to move around comfortably
- Lighting for professionals that is reliable, practical and durable:
– automatically switches to reserve mode when batteries are almost drained (signaled by blinking light)
– rotating knob that is ergonomic, even with gloves
– storage position helps protect the headlamp lens and prevents inadvertently turning it on
– may be used in explosive environments
– excellent resistance to falls (2 m), impacts, and crushing (80 kg)
– comfortable and washable elastic headband
– resistant to chemicals
- ATEX zone 2/22 (II 3 GD Ex nA ic IIB T4 Gc tc IIIC T135°C Dc) certified headlamp
- Weight: 160 g
- Technology: CONSTANT LIGHTING
- Beam pattern: mixed
- Energy: 2 AA/LR06 batteries (included)
- Battery compatibility: rechargeable Ni-MH and lithium
- Watertightness: IP 67 (waterproof to -1 meter for 30 minutes; no maintenance required after immersion)
Founder Fernand Petzl’s passion was for caving. Expertise in this began to grow with the design and crafting of solutions for ascending, descending, belaying and moving about in the dark. In 1970, the first “Fernand Petzl” brand products were produced in a workshop in Saint-Nazaire-Les-Eymes, Isère, France. Since then, the company that established in 1975, has grown into an international enterprise. All the while preserving its personal feel and the passion that drove Fernand.
The mission is to create innovative tools and services allowing progress, position and protection in vertical environments.
Each Petzl product is designed to meet a precise need found in the real world. Our product development process favours simple, ergonomic and reliable solutions in order to introduce innovative products that reflect the evolution of activities. Vertical products include:
Harnesses, Helmets, Lanyards and energy absorbers. Mobile fall arresters, Connectors, Descenders, Rope clamps, Pulleys, Anchors, Ropes, Packs and accessories Kits.
Petzl headlamps have been in constant evolution for over 30 years. New technologies have allowed Petzl to invent and design headlamps that are ever more powerful, more lightweight, and more adapted to the needs of professionals. Lighting products include:
High performance headlamps, Compact durable headlamps, Ultra-compact headlamps, ATEX / HAZLOC headlamps.
Access the inaccessible.
Subscribe to our newsletter now and stay up-to-date with new products collections, the latest and exclusive offers.