doseBadge5 Noise Dosimeter
Noise Dosimeter for Occupational Noise Measurements
The doseBadge5 is the next generation doseBadge noise dosimeter from Cirrus. It provides all of the unique features of the original doseBadge such as no controls, cables or displays with a range of new functions and features allowing it to be used for compliance with any occupational noise standard.
Bluetooth® communication to the dBLink App (for Android and iOS) or the doseBadge5 Wand allows the instrument to be configured and controlled without user intervention.
Measurements can be scheduled to start, pause and stop automatically with the timer functions allowing the doseBadge5 to be deployed quickly and easily.
Automatic calibration detection and USB download through the doseBadge5 Dock alongside the secure, robust internal microphone and tap sensor help ensure that your noise measurements are as effective as possible.
Everything you need for Occupational Noise & Industrial Hygiene Measurements
The doseBadge5 is a true multi-channel instrument and provides up to 4 independent integrators and 2 peak channels, each of which include 1 second data logging.
Each channel can be independently configured to meet any noise measurement standard, regulation or guideline. This allow the doseBadge5 to measure a wide range of data and provide the information that is essential to meet any occupational noise standard.
Whether you’re working to the Noise at Work Regulations, meeting the requirements of OSHA(HC) and OSHA(PEL) or combining a number of different regulations such as OSHA(HC), OSHA(PEL), ACGIH & ISO1996, the doseBadge5 can provide the information you need.
Preset integrator settings allow the doseBadge5 to be deployed quickly and the flexibility of 4 independent channels plus 2 peak channels gives you all of the measurement data you need.
As well as the integrators and peak channels, the doseBadge5 provides up to 4 user defined ULT thresholds, Lmax and Lmin as well as a visual indicator of Dose exceedence for any channel.
The doseBadge5 meets your needs – now and in the future
The doseBadge5 provides all of the measurement data needed to meet the Noise at Work Regulations as well as any occupational noise standard worldwide.
4 noise dosimeters in one lets you measure to OSHA HCA, OSHA PEL, ACGIH & ISO simultaneously with full data available for all channels including 1 second data logging.
If you need to get C-A for HML calculations, a preset configuration will allow the doseBadge5 to measure the LAeq and LCeq simultaneously with the NoiseTools software giving the calculated C-A value.
If a preset integrator does not meet your needs, every parameter can be adjusted so that it exactly meets the requirements of the application that you need to meet. With 4 independent integrators and 2 independent peak channels, the doseBadge5 can be programmed just as you need it.
The doseBadge5 units can be programmed to transfer the essential data to the dBControl smart display for mid-shift readings whilst the dBLink App will display the overall data for all enabled integrators.
Individual doseBadge5 units can be named and allocated to a person, project and place with the information being downloaded automatically into the NoiseTools software.
Also available are configurable ULT triggers for each channel along with 2 Peak channels and Lmax/Lmin values giving you all the information you need to meet any noise standard.
The doseBadge5 also allows features such as Bluetooth® and Octave Bands to be enabled or disabled to meet any specific regulatory, safety or security requirements. The doseBadge5 does not provide audio recording, giving you the flexibility to make measurements in any environment, no matter what the security concerns may be.
The doseBadge5 meets your needs – now and in the future
- Preset configurations available to cover current Regulations, Standards & Guidelines
- Adjust individual settings as and when Regulations change
- Transfer settings to other doseBadge5 units to save time
- 4 simultaneous noise dosimeters for current & future compliance
- Measure to OSHA HCA, OSHA PEL, ACGIH & ISO at the same time
- Real-time octave band analysis
- Detailed data logging of all channels
- Adjust or update settings from NoiseTools or via the dBLink App
Real-time octave band analysis
A feature traditionally only seen on hand-held sound level meters, octave band analysis gives you a new perspective on the noise to which workers are exposed.
Throughout a measurement, the doseBadge5 will measure the noise levels in octave bands from 63Hz to 8kHz, giving you detailed information about the frequency content of the noise. This information can be downloaded into the NoiseTools software for analysis and reporting.
Not only does the doseBadge5 give the overall data (unweighted Leq) for each octave band, it also logs and stores a time history (or noise profile) for each band throughout the entire measurement.
This feature that allows you to identify specific noise sources within a measurement, marker and annotate them and the use the hearing defender selector within NoiseTools to assess the effectiveness of protection against any number of noise sources.
This powerful feature allows you to determine if one or any hearing protection is suitable for any number of different noise sources, giving you more insight into the use of hearing protection.
Real-time octave band analysis
- Measure the frequency content of the measured noise exposure
- Highlight sections of the measurement and assess hearing protection against known noise sources
- Assess hearing protection against a number of different measurements using the Measurement Group functions in NoiseTools
- Gather detailed insights into the noise exposures of workers and make effective, informed decisions based on accurate data
Control your measurements with the Scheduled Timers
The scheduled measurements timer function in the doseBadge5 noise dosimeter brings a powerful new set of features to the application of occupational noise exposure assessment.
Previously, where it may have been difficult to leave instruments with users and ask them to start them manually, the new scheduled measurement function in the doseBadge5 overcomes these problems and gives you a powerful way to control when measurements are started and stopped.
This new function allows the doseBadge5 to be pre-programmed to start, pause and stop at specific times throughout the day which allows the instrument to be configured for use before they are needed.
Up to three timed periods can be defined for each day and the timers enabled or disabled for specific days of the week. If the doseBadge5 is on the Dock being charged, timed measurement periods are ignored but as soon as badge is removed from the Dock, the timers are activated.
This allows you to deploy doseBadge5 units to remote sites or to locations where there is no access to a dBControl smart display or the dBLink App.
Scheduled Measurement Timers
- Start, pause & stop measurements automatically – removes the need for interaction from the wearer
- Choose which days of the week or weekend the timers are active – cover multiple shifts or work days with a single instrument
- Include pause periods to cover scheduled lunch or rest breaks – where legislation requires
- Timers can be enabled or disabled for specific days of the week allowing more complex measurement situations to be covered
NoiseTools Software – DOWNLOAD, ANALYSE & REPORT
The NoiseTools software is supplied, free of charge, with the doseBadge5 Noise Dosimeter, giving you the tools to download, analyse and report your occupational noise measurements.
The NoiseTools software is simple to use, saving you time whilst giving you a wide range of features and functions that can be used as needed. Instruments can be quickly configured, functions (such as Bluetooth or Octave Bands) enabled or disabled and settings transferred between multiple instruments.
NoiseTools is free from any installation or licensing restrictions and can be installed onto as many PCs as needed, at no additional cost.
Key Features of NoiseTools:
- Simple to use – Get the information you need really quickly and easily
- Download measurements from multiple doseBadge5 instrument at the same time
- Configure doseBadge5 instrument to meet your needs quickly and easily
- Annotate measurements with additional information for use in reports
- Assess the effectiveness of hearing protection using Octave Bands
- Easily share data between multiple users or export recordings for other interested parties to listen to
Wireless Bluetooth® communication to speed you through your measurements
The doseBadge5 provides wireless communication via Bluetooth to either the dBLink App (for Android and iOS) or the doseBadge5 Wand allowing you to control, configure and review your doseBadge5 instruments.
Where required, Bluetooth can be switched disabled either by the user or as as factory option allowing the instrument to be used in range of environmental and across a wide range of applications.
High speed USB download of all of the measurement data is provided through the doseBadge5 Dock which allows up to 5 individual doseBadge5 units to be downloaded and charged simultaneously.
The doseBadge5 can be ordered as a complete measurement kit or as individual components to add to an existing kit.
The product codes below show the most common configurations for the measurement kits.
- CK:120A/1 Measurement Kit with 1 x doseBadge5 Noise Dosimeter
- CK:120A/2 Measurement Kit with 2 x doseBadge5 Noise Dosimeter
- CK:120A/3 Measurement Kit with 3 x doseBadge5 Noise Dosimeter
- CK:120A/4 Measurement Kit with 4 x doseBadge5 Noise Dosimeter
- CK:120A/5 Measurement Kit with 5 x doseBadge5 Noise Dosimeter
- CK:120A/10 Measurement Kit with 10 x doseBadge5 Noise Dosimeter
All measurement kits are supplied with a Class 2 CR:518 114dB Acoustic Calibrator (unless otherwise specified), NoiseTools software, Carrying Case or Cases, Charging Dock or Docks to match the number of doseBadge5instruments, Mains Power Supply, User Manuals, Certificates of Calibration & Miscellaneous Accessories.
All doseBadge5 instruments are supplied complete with mounting clips & windshield.
Please contact us for more details of the measurement kits and options available for the doseBadge5 Noise Dosimeter.
Individual Product Codes
- CR:120A doseBadge5 Noise Dosimeter – includes 1:1 Octave Bands, Mounting Clips & Windshield
- RC:120A dBControl Smart Display
- dBLink App for Android & iOS
- CU:120A 5-way charging & download dock
- CU:120A Mains Power Supply – UK, EU or US plug
Additional accessories may be available. Please Cirrus Research for more information.
Since 1970, Cirrus’ mission has been to make monitoring noise simple. Today, thousands of companies around the world are using our instruments to help them comply with the Standards and Regulations that govern noise. Our innovative approach to product design has helped redefine the way the world looks at noise measurement instruments.
Subscribe to our newsletter now and stay up-to-date with new products collections, the latest and exclusive offers.