The OM-CP-WIND101A is a complete system to accurately record and measure wind speed. This low cost wind speed recording system comes complete with a data logger, weatherproof enclosure, a three-cup anemometer and all the necessary cabling to quickly get up-and-running.
The logger can record up to 500,000 readings and the storage medium is non-volatile, solid state memory, providing maximum data security even if the battery becomes discharged. The small size of these devices allows them to fit almost anywhere.
The device can be started and stopped directly from a computer using our user-friendly software. Data retrieval is simple. Simply plug it into an available USB port and our user-friendly software does the rest. The software converts a PC into a real-time strip chart recorder. Data can be printed in graphical and tabular format or exported to a text or Microsoft Excel® file. The storage medium is non-volatile solid state memory, providing maximum data security even if the battery becomes discharged.
- Measurement Range: 0 to 100 mph (0 to 45 m/s)
- Resolution: 0.085 mph at 10 second reading interval
- Accuracy: ±2.0 mph from 0 to 10 mph; ±2.5% of reading from >10 to 100 mph
- Starting Threshold: 1.75 mph
- Reading Rate: 1 reading every second to 1 every 24 hours
- Memory: 500,000 readings; software configurable memory wrap 250,000 readings in multiple start/stop
- Memory Wrap Around: Yes
- Start Modes: Immediate start, delay start up to 18 months, multiple pushbutton start/stop
- Stop Modes: Manual through software, timed (specific date and time)
- Multiple Start/Stop Mode: Start and stop the device multiple times without having to
- download data or communicate with a PC
- Real Time Recording: The device may be used with PC to monitor and record data in real-time
- Password Protection: An optional password may be programmed into the device
- to restrict access to configuration options. Data may be read out without the password
- Engineering Units: MPH, KPH, M/S, KNOTS (software selectable)
- Battery Type: 3.6V lithium battery (included); user replaceable
- Battery Life: 10 years typical, dependent upon frequency and duty cycle
- Time Accuracy: ±1 minute/month at 20ºC (68ºF), stand alone data logging
- Computer Interface: USB (interface cable required); 115,200 baud
- Software: XP SP3/Vista and Windows® 7 (32 and 64-bit)
- Anemometer Operating Environment: -55 to 60ºC (-67 to 150ºF); 0 to 100%RH
- Operating Environment: -20 to 60ºC (-4 to 150ºF), 0 to 100% RH non-condensing
- IP Rating: IP65
- Anemometer Dimensions: 54 H x 192 mm D (2.1 x 7.5″)
- Weight: 513 g (18.1 oz)
- Material: ABS plastic
Multiple Start/Stop Mode Activation:
- To Start the Device: Press and hold the pushbutton for 5 seconds, the green LED will flash during this time; the device has started logging
- To Stop the Device: Press and hold the pushbutton for 5 seconds, the red LED will flash during this time. The device has stopped logging.
- Data Logger: 74 H x 148 W x 39 mm D (2.9 x 5.8 x 1.5″)
- Enclosure: 93 H x 62 W x 24 mm D (3.7 x 2.5 x 0.9″)
- Green LED Blinks: 10 second rate to indicate logging; 15 second rate to indicate delay start
- Red LED Blinks: 10 second rate to indicate low battery and/or full memory;
- 1 second rate to indicate an alarm condition
The RG-2500 tipping bucket rain gauge is a dependable instrument used for measuring precipitation. Rainfall that enters the 20 cm or 30 cm funnel collector is directed to the tipping bucket assembly. When an incremental amount of precipitation has been collected (0.254 mm), the bucket assembly tips and activates a magnetic reed switch.
The sample is discharged through the base of the gauge. A momentary electrical contact is provided for each increment of rainfall. The contact closure is used to operate a data acquisition system. The funnel has a screen to prevent debris from entering the gauge.
The Model RG-2500E is used where 115 Vac is available and precipitation is often in the form of snow. A 400 watt heater unit is installed on the base of the rain gauge. The outer tube is insulated and a freeze point thermostat controls the temperature at the funnel. Snow falling into the funnel is melted and the resulting water drains into the tipping bucket assembly.
- Capacity: Unlimited
- Accuracy: ±1% @ 2″/hr
- Switch: 3 W, 24 Vdc, 0.25 A max
- Sensitivity: 0.01″ or 1 mm per tip
- RG-2500, RG-2500E: 20 cm (8″)
- RG-2500-12, RG-2500E-12: 30 cm (12″)
- RG-2500, RG-200E: 203.2 Dia. x 431.8 H mm (8 x 17″)
- RG-2500-12, RG-2500E-12: 508 H x 304.8 mm Dia. (20 x 12″)
- RG-2500: 3.2 kg (7 lb)
- RG-2500E: 5.4 kg (12 lb)
- RG-2500-12: 6.4 kg (14 lb)
- RG-2500E-12: 7.7 kg (17 lb)
The WMS-20 series consist of three individual wind monitor stations. The WMS-21 is a microprocessor based wind alarm station. It sounds an alarm buzzer and controls the operation of two electrical circuits whenever wind speed reaches either of two independent setpoints.
An LCD display provides a readout of the measured wind speed and is also used to set the value of the setpoints. Self-contained relays for each alarm point can be used to actuate external devices such as air samplers or sirens.
The WMS-22 series monitors wind speed and direction. Each parameter is converted into a 4 to 20mA signal for use by process controllers or monitoring systems. Two versions are offered, WMS-22A measures wind speed only, while the WMS-22B measures both wind speed and direction.
The WMS-25 Modular Weather Stations are meteorological systems designed to be a “user friendly” solution for data storage and real-time monitoring of weather conditions. The standard sensor package (WMS-25 and WMS-25-NEMA) includes 6 weather parameters: wind speed and direction, temperature and relative humidity, barometric pressure, and precipitation (additional optional sensors can be added), a 1.5 m (5′) tripod and vertical mast for sensor mounting, and a data logger with LCD display.
No computer is required for setup and viewing data. A simple menu interface using the LCD display and three front panel buttons makes setup easy. Data is recorded directly to a Secure Digital (SD™) card, providing convenient data downloads and storage for many months of data. The data logger is compatible with standard SD cards up to 2GB. Logging at 1 minute intervals, a 2GB card will store over 5 years of data. A new file is created and saved to the card each day.
Using the recorded data is simple. The SD card is inserted into a card reader attached to the USB port on your computer (Windows, Macintosh, and Linux) and will then show up as a drive. To view and graph the data, click on the file corresponding to the day of interest. Microsoft Excel, OpenOffice.org, or any spreadsheet program can be used to view, graph, and analyze your data.
- Power: 10 to 30 Vdc at 20 mA
- Display: 16 characters x 2 line backlit LCD
- Logging Interval: Programmable 10 to 60,000 seconds
Wind Speed –
- Range: 0 to 125 mph (0 to 57 m/s)
- Resolution: > 0.1 mph
- Accuracy: ± 1 mph
- Starting Threshold: 0.8 mph
- Time Constant: 2 seconds
Wind Direction –
- Range: 0 to 360°
- Resolution: > 1%
- Accuracy: ±3°
- Starting Threshold: Standard 1.2 mph
- Range: -26 to 70°C (-15 to 158°F)
- Resolution: > 0.1° F
- Accuracy: ±0.5°C (±1°F) typical
- Response Time: 50 seconds
Relative Humidity –
- Range: 3% to 100% non-condensing
- Accuracy: ±3% typical
- Response Time: 25 seconds
Barometric Pressure –
- Range: 500 to 1100 mb (14.7 to 32.5 inHg)
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 60°C (-40 to 140°F)
- Resolution: ±0.3 mb or ±0.01 inHg
- Altitude Offset (For Sea Level Correction): User adjustable in logger
Rain Gauge –
- Resolution: 0.01″/tip 8″ diameter (20.5 cm) collector meets NWS specifications
- Switch: Dry reed switch Output: < 0.1 sec switch closure
- Accuracy: ±2% at < 2″ per hour
Note: For weight and dimensions, see operator’s manual at omega.