Type 3 & 4 chemical protection with superior Secondary FR properties and basic Primary FR protection and featuring a high level chemical barrier against a wide range of hazardous chemicals.
• Pyrolon® CBFR base fabric with chemical barrier film laminate. Certified to EN 14605 Type 3 & 4.
• Certified to Secondary FR Workwear Standard EN 14116 (Index 3).
• Certified to Primary FR Workwear Standard EN 11612 (A1 C1)
• Soft and flexible yet tough fabric for comfort strength and durability
• Stitched and taped seams for full protection
• Double storm flap front fastening with hook & loop seal to allow easier re-use
A Type 3 & 4 chemical protective suit meeting EN14116 (Limited Flame Spread –Index 1) that can be worn over Thermal Protective (EN11612)Garments without compromising thermal protection as a standard chemical suit would.
- Pyrolon base fabric with PVC chemical barrier film laminate for combined FR and chemical protection properties
- Stitched / taped seams for full seal
- Coverall with 3 piece hood, inset sleeves, 2 piece diamond crotch gusset, elasticated hood, waist,cuffs and ankles.
- Double zip / storm flap front fastening
Pyrolon® XT features Lakeland’s unique viscose-based Pyrolon® base fabric with an added nylon scrim to increase strength and durability for tougher Type 5 & 6 applications where FR properties are also required.
Disposable FR garments are designed to be worn over Thermal Protective Garments (such as Lakeland’s Fyrban® range) without compromising thermal protection in the way standard disposables will. Pyrolon® is engineered to char at temperatures lower than it’s ignition point so that it will not ignite, propogate a flame or drip molten, burning debris.
Pyrolon has far more effective FR properties than FR SMS garments which have extremely limited and questionable FR abilities.
- Pyrolon superior FR fabric with nylon scrim for added strength and toughness
- Combined Type 5 & 6 protection with FR approvalto EN 14116(Index1) –superior FR to FR SMS fabrics.
- Soft,flexible and highly breathable so comfortable to wear.
- Proven not to compromise Thermal Protection when worn as TPG over-garment
- Coverall with 3 piece hood, inset sleeves, 2 piece diamond crotch gusset, elasticated hood, waist, cuff and ankles
Pyrolon® is Lakeland range of limited life coveralls featuring a unique combination of effective flame retardent properties. Pyrolon® Plus 2 is the entry level suit featuring the essential Pyrolon® fabric – a unique viscose based material designed to char at a lower temperature than it’s ignition point so that unlike standard disposable fabric it does not ignite, propogate a flame or drip molten, burning debris
Pyrolon® Plus 2 offers Type 5 and 6 chemical and dust protection combined with excellent FR properties. Disposable FR garments do not provide flame and heat protection but are designed to be worn over Thermal Protective Garments (such as Lakeland’s Fyrban® range) without compromising thermal protection.
Pyrolon® has far more effective FR properties than FR SMS garments which have extremely limited and questionable FR abilities. See Lakeland’s guide to FR disposable coveralls for more information.
- Highly breathable so comfortable to wear
- Soft and flexible fabric
- FR properties superior to FR SMS
- Superior repellency to FR SMS
- Lakeland Super-B style pattern
Pyrolon® TPCR is unique. A limited life, multi-risk coverall which offers protection against multiple hazards including, chemical splash and spray, flames and heat, welding and allied processes, Arc-flash (with an extremely high protection level of 22 cals).
All for one… and one for all
CE standards are all very well, but deal with hazards as distinct challenges; chemical protection or flame protection or arc-flash protection and so on. Unfortunately the real world is not like that. Users often have to deal with applications that feature multiple hazards all at once. Which means stocking several different types of coveralls for different hazards.
Then there is the problem of combining different coveralls. Each can affect the performance of the other. So for example you cannot wear a standard chemical suit over a thermal protective suit because the former will burn and adversely effect the performance of the latter…
The Lakeland Pyrolon TPCR multi-risk coverall is a unique combination of fabrics with a unique combination of properties. It is certified to multiple standards and provides multiple protection types:-
- EN 14605: Type 3 & 4 Chemical Protection
- EN 11612: Flame and Heat Protection
- EN11611: Welding and Allied Processes
- EN61482-1-2: Arc Flash Protection (with an ATPV of 21.7 Cals)
- EN 1149-5: Anti-static: conductive properties