- Material: ABS
- Product Type: Safety Helmet
- Recommended Industry: Construction, Heavy Infrastructure, Mining, Oil & Gas, Transportation
- Typical Application: Construction, Forestry, Oil and Gas
- Secure, comfortable head protection against small falling objects and for general industrial use
- Suspension system incorporates exclusive patented 3M™ Pressure Diffusion Technology
- 4-point ratchet suspension allows wearer to customise height and fit with multiple levels of vertical adjustment
- Inspired by climbing helmets with a brimless design to give you a clear upward view
- Accessory slots and clips are compatible with a variety of 3M faceshields, earmuffs and other accessories
- Compatible with a plastic buckle chin strap
- Proprietary UV indicator that lets wearer know when to replace helmet with UV exposure
- Certified to EN397 standard for general industrial us
- Approved for Lateral Deformation and Molten Metal splash
- Available in a variety of colours, with vented and unvented options
For head protection that’s secure and comfortable get 3M™ SecureFit™ Safety Helmet X5500 Series. This series is designed for general industrial use and to meet everyday safety requirements. Inspired by modern climbing helmets, our safety helmets offer protection against small falling objects.
They feature adjustable front-to-back and height positioning and on the head, and our easy-turning, 4-point ratchet suspension system allows you to smoothly tighten the headband as needed. The suspension includes the exclusive, patented 3M™ Pressure Diffusion Technology which not only provides a secure fit but, by reducing up to 20 % of forehead pressure compared to 3M conventional helmet suspensions, also helps improve comfort.
The brimless design gives you a clear upward view, so you can stay aware of your surroundings and avoid risks. X5500 Series helmets feature proprietary 3M™ UVicator™ Sensors that change from red to white when exposed to damaging levels of ultraviolet (UV) light. As UV rays can cause hard hat shells to become brittle and compromise their protection level, the sensor changing colour indicates that it’s time to replace the helmet. Accessory slots and clips are designed to be compatible with a variety of 3M faceshields, earmuffs and other accessories, and an optional chin strap can be added. These helmets are available in a variety of colours with vented and unvented options. Meets the EN397 standard for general industrial use.